Saturday, April 30, 2011

Uncomfortable chains

Hebrews 13:3



"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."






Last night my church had an all night prayer service. Being the cynical person I can be sometimes...I was expecting your typical service where people jump around and shout but do nothing after the fact. Anyways, I was shown last night that there is still some good in the American church today. Young people were praying last night for so many different things with a spirit of expectancy that God would respond!



My faith was encouraged and gave me the kick I needed to wake up. The persecuted church has been on my heart for a long time. The stories of religious persectuion I find blow my mind and shock me that I am not hearing these things all over the news. The media will not bring attention to the issue so Christians must bring the awareness. There is not much talk in churches here about our brothers and sisters being tortured and marytered for the sake of Christ. It is easier to ignore it since bringing it up would be uncomfortable. God forbid we should be uncomfortable!



The fact is that following Christ is not a popular thing especially when it asks something of you.



In 2006 171,000 Christians were marytered...it is easy to hear a big number like that and forget that those were individual lives that held purpose and futures....had families and friends but knew the cost of following Jesus would require everything. I wonder sometimes how I would respond in that situation. Is our faith that genuine and bold that our perspective is bigger than our own little worlds?

No comments:

Post a Comment